The Academy conducts exclusive Coaching for the Chartered Accountancy Course.
Educational courses and standards have to be adapted according to the fast changing environment, so as to keep up with concurrent requirements. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi, hence revised the course. The revised course has been introduced by the ICAI, New Delhi from September 2006, with recent changes being made in August 2012.
The following is structure of Course at present :
Level 1 - CPT
Common Proficiency Test (CPT) :
About CPT : Common Proficiency Test is an objective type examination of 200 questions with 1 mark each. It has four subjects for study. Desired level of knowledge is Basic Knowledge. There is negative marking of 25% for wrong answers. Blank answers fetch zero marks and correct answers fetch one mark.
Registration : A student who has passed class 10th examination may register with the Board of Studies of ICAI. Student must register for CPT at least 60 days prior to the examination. The student can however appear for the CPT examination only after appearing for 10+2 examination.
Examination & Passing Criteria : The examination is generally being conducted on second Sunday of June and December of every year in physical mode across India. Student needs to score 30% marks in each subject and 50% of total marks to pass CPT exam.
Exemption from CPT : Student who is Graduate or Post Graduate from Commerce stream having secured at least 55% marks in aggregate with specified subjects is exempted from appearing in CPT. Similar exemption is given to Non Commerce Graduates if they have at least 60% of total marks and Students who have passed Intermediate examination conducted by Institute of Cost Accountants of India or Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
Level 2 - Intermediate
Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course :
About Intermediate Course : The Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course comprises of eight subjects divided in two groups. Group I comprises of four Subjects and Group II of three subjects. Desired level of knowledge is Working Knowledge.
Who can register? : Following three categories of students can register for Intermediate
- Category A: Student who has passed CPT and 10+2 examination
- Category B: Graduate or Post Graduate from Commerce / Non Commerce stream exempted from CPT as above.
- Category C: Students who passed Intermediate exam of Institute of Cost Accountants of India or Institute of Company Secretaries of India
Provisional Registration : Students who are pursuing the Final year of Graduation Course shall be eligible for provisional registration to the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course. Such students would be required to submit satisfactory proof of having passed the graduation examination with the specified percentage of marks within six months, from the date of appearance in the final year graduation examination. During period of provisional registration student can undergo Information Technology Training and Orientation Course.
Eligibility to appear in Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Exam :
- For students coming from CPT route (i.e. Category A): A student registered for Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course on basis of passing CPT may appear for the examination, provided Student has passed CPT and 10+2 examination and Student has registered for the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course at least 8 months before examination.
- For Commerce / Non Commerce Graduates (i.e. Category B): A student who has registered for Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course on basis of Graduation may appear for examination provided he has completed 9 months of practical training i.e. Articleship and registered for the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course at least nine months before exam.
- For Students of other Professional bodies (i.e. Category C): A student who has registered for Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course on basis of passing Intermediate exam of Institute of Cost Accountants of India OR Institute of Company Secretaries of India may appear for examination provided he has registered for the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course at least Eight months before exam.
Passing Criteria : A student needs to secure 40% marks in individual subjects and aggregate of 50% in order to pass the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Examination.
Practical training (Articled Training) : Student has to undergo three years of Articleship with Practicing Chartered Accountant as part of course structure. During Articleship students have to undergo Two General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) Programme of 15 days each with ICAI itself. Articleship can be done anywhere in India. Admission criteria for Articleship is as follows –
- For Category A : Articleship will start only after passing Group – I OR Both Groups of the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course AND completion of 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT) and 35 hours Orientation Course with ICAI. Student can appear for Group II exam during Articleship if already not cleared.
- For Category B : These students shall be eligible for admission to three years articled training, on completion of 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT) and 35 hours Orientation Course with ICAI. These students will be appearing for Intermediate Group I and Group II exam during Articleship.
- For Category C : These Students shall be eligible for admission to three years articled training on passing Group – I or Both Groups of the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Examination AND completion of 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT) and 35 hours Orientation Course with ICAI.
CA Final comprises of Eight subjects divided in Two Groups with Four subjects each. Students are expected to have Expert Knowledge of Subjects.
A student can appear for the final examination only after passing both groups of the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course and completion of 2,5 years Articleship.
Passing criteria is similar to the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course.
Career Opportunities for CA
Chartered Accountancy – A Challenging Profession offers practice or job opportunities in the areas of accounting, auditing, corporate finance and other business laws, taxation and corporate governance.
The multi-faceted knowledge a chartered accountant enjoys through unique academic programme blended with practical training is what the business and industry need in the advent of globalization of Indian economy. A globally acclaimed profession capable of offering new vistas to young talents, a vision to build a career and a new idea to blossom – invites you to join the CA course and be a proud member of the glorious profession.
Career Opportunities for Chartered Accountants
Independent Professional Practice :
As practitioners of public accounting, CAs may start professional practice as a proprietor or join any existing firm as a partner or staff member. A CA provides compliance and review services. He also acts as a business advisor by providing all kinds of services including the preparation of financial reports, helping the business to secure loans, preparing financial projections, etc.
Management Consultancy Services :
CAs play a vital role in assisting business and industry to improve the use of their resources, increase their efficiency and achieve their objectives. The range of management advisory services rendered by CAs reflect their expertise in diverse areas like financial management, strategic management, planning and financial policy determination, etc.
Opt for industry / Government Organisation :
A CA may prefer to join an industry or government department and ultimately hold responsible positions. Many Chartered Accountants hold responsible positions in business or industrial firms as CEOs, CFOs, COOs, Managing Directors, etc.
Benefits of Being a CA
Chartered Accountancy is a unique profession. It combines analytical requirements and intuitive genius with updated general awareness and top class skills of communication. A successful CA develops all the above virtues and practices them day in and day out.
Passing the arduous ICAI course, helps him to develop tremendous self respect and boosts his confidence in his abilities. A Chartered Accountant derives further benefits as listed below:-
- Positions like top Executives, Trustees, Directors, Consultants, and Auditors.
- Substantially large pay packages, if the CA opts for service.
- Large emoluments/fees if the CA opts for practice.
- A leverage to end up in top management of MNC’s and other organisations.
- The ability to handle large and small business with efficient planning.
- A very high recognition and status in the society.
- A fame and name renowned as one of the society’s intellectuals.
- The capacity to be an efficient organizer.
- The resultant material wealth and well-being.
And many more…
CA Course Expenditure
|1||CPT||ICAI CPT Registration Fee||6,000|
|ICAI Exam Fee||1,000|
|Cost of Books & Stationery||2,000|
|Excel Academy CPT Tuition Fee||18,000|
|2||INTER (IPC) COURSE||ICAI Registration & Exam Fee||21,000|
|Cost of Books & Stationery||2,000|
|Excel Academy IPCC Tuition Fee||45,000|
|3||CA Final||ICAI Registration & Exam Fee||10,000|
|Cost of Books & Stationery||6,000|
|Excel Academy CA Final Tuition Fee||85,000|
|Sub Total of Expenses (A)||204000|
|4||Stipend||Year 1 of Articleship @ Rs. 3,000 p.m.||36,000|
|Year 2 of Articleship @ Rs. 3,500 p.m.||42,000|
|Year 3 of Articleship @ Rs. 4,000 p.m.||48,000|
|Total stipend received (B)||1,26,000|
|Net cost of CA Course (A – B)||78000|
|Duration of CA Course||4 years|
|Annual Cost of CA Course||19500|
- The expenses considered above are on approximate basis.
- The fees of Excel Academy are subject to change without any prior notice.
- Student may get more stipend during Articleship than stipend covered above.
- Cost of stay in Hyderabad city is not covered above assuming student to be local student.